Sunday, September 13, 2009

ENTHU OKKE KANNANAM ; ENTHU OKKE KELKANAM

Hi

Long time no see!!! Very much like many who thought my Expressions were extinct, i too thought the same. But something very interesting came up, which killed my inertia. It compelled me to write this blog. I got this piece of info when i travelled last week from ernakulam to bangalore. i wanted to write this blog the very next morning as soon as i reached bangalore. On Monday morning i thought i would write this in the evening. This went on to Tuesday to Wednesday to Thursday when airtel disconnected our Internet connection. ( not due to non payment of bills, some other technical problem). So today 13th September, before i go back to blore again for another week , i am writing this. I would once again like to thank 2 great ppl who gave me the thread for this blog.

Pl don't presume this to be "nostalgia" or "college revisited". Its not.
I actually wanted to name this blog as Class Aaj Kal( inspired from love aaj kal which is a stupid take on love in the past and present). But more than just a difference in class, this is more about a shock I got when i was travelling, more about my anguish over thinking what if i had been in class now and also more about thanking god almighty that i m not in class now. Yes as you have guessed, i am talking about the first year classes in MEC. Its not because one of my friends is teaching there,but because there has been a paradigm shift in the way classes are conducted.
I am not talking about principal taking attendance of each class including faculty attendance.
A class was narrated to me by two of my co passengers who are from MEC:
"Our Electronics sir came for his first class with a new Sony Laptop in hand. In fact for all his classes he brings his laptop. No other faculty brings laptop to class. He is young and smart, looks younger than us sometimes. He is stylish at the same time strict. He often refers to big names in the industry, talks about his experiences of being a studious student, talks about the projects he has done(don't know whether he talks about project meetings also), give insights on why engineering, shares his knowledge on the different areas of electronics and so on. He never gives us any free time and even requests the next teacher to wait so that he can complete circuit problems. He seems to be very strong in electronics circuit theory. Whenever he gives assignments, he says" Gals, you don't have to write a book and give it to me as assignment, i cant carry sorry correct them. This does not mean that boys can write a single page and submit that as assignment. And if you don't submit the assignment on time, you better not submit it. Boys need not wait for gals to complete the assignment and then start copying." He has given us an assignment on passive devices. He has also warned us about some surprise tests in future. "

After hearing so much I burst out in laughter. I was spellbound. I was just bowled over. First class with laptop, assignments that too on passive devices and surprise tests were more than enuf for me to fall unconscious. I would like to know whether the faculty knows what passive devices are and to know whether he has written any assignment on his own. That is when i said to myself "Enthu okke kannanam, Enthu okke kelkanam"

ps: This is not to insult the efforts of a faculty.

5 comments:

  1. Kalikaalam allathentha parayaaa??? "da aa teacehrkku enthinte *#$&%@#$ aanu?, ee neeram illatha nerathu assignment tharan ennokke paraghu nadanna kashiyaa kaalam poya pokkke...."....lappy on first day at class, i have my strong doubts on what it is for? I am not writing here what i think it is for? Ninte project alle....I dont know what he is referring to as project meeting? Is it the report typing extra veganzaa?? Or is it the evening "lifts" to St judes?? Come on...dasa this is too much...Dear god aa pillerkku aatmhma shanthi nalkanee....

    PS - Da dasa nattil Dual core okke iraghi...ippozhum olathiya Vaioyum kettipidichirunno....

    One more important PS - Teachers with names ending with Das are indeeed known to be famous among gals and notorious among boy students.....Our hero hated that professor so much that he did not see this comeing i believe....any how go das goo....polikkeda mone...

    Make us proud..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lakshman

    Could not help clarifying on certain facts
    1) the laptop- I can remember only once goin to 3 of my classes wid my laptop, and that too was done mainly bcos I couldn't grab a hard copy and all the students were having old syllabus.

    2)I have never charecterised myself as studious(studious student is redundant)

    3) I have never mentioned about the projects I have done(more importantly about proj meetings which was never something to be inspired of)

    4)''He never gives us any free time and even requests the next teacher to wait so that he can complete circuit problems''- this a blatant lie. I remember leaving the class 5 mins early on all occasions. But it is true that I am never late for a class.

    5)No idea of givin surprise test. infact i gave the date for the test that i will conduct before I leave the college.

    6)passive devices- it is the easiest part in the electronics. I dont want to comment on whether I know it or not.

    @vishal

    I simply cant understand your hilarious jokes. Maybe the women whom you are pursuin may fake a laugh at your complicated innuendos and so will they fake their orgasm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow nice comment ayyappa....I understand that we all are old and mature enough to not pass these kind of sleazy comments and will surely refrain from doing so down the lane. Thanks for reminding.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels bad to see that you are missing the point again.
    My comment was a clarification on what has been said about me in the blog.I commented only because at certain parts of the original post and the first comment it seemed the authors were hell bend on offending me. I dont care about the veracity of a writeup about me if it is published in a comic or sarcastic tone. But the tone of the post was something else. It sounded like everything was true.

    Again as you all know, I have always taken the mud thrown at me(or sleazy comments) sportively. But if someone crosses the limit as the first commentor, I know how to respond in an equally distasteful way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the author, long time no see!! Waiting for more posts

    ReplyDelete